The main purpose of writing a business proposal is to persuade clients to use your products or services. Focus on your clients’ needs when writing your proposal is very important. Everything including the tone of your proposal must tailor what the clients want if you want your proposal to be successful. Preparing your proposal before start writing is important so that later you know what should be included in the document.
1. Planning the Content. The very first thing to do to prepare your business proposal is to plan the content. This should include the clients since the content should be all related to what they need. Ask them what they use to evaluate a proposal and what they want from a vendor. Solving their problems by offering your products will surely attract their interest. Include the cost of your offerings along with the content and decide how long the proposal would be to be able to cover all the required information.
2. Creating an Outline. The outline of your proposal can be suited to the clients’ requirements if you are sending a response to an RFP. If you don’t, then gather some information from your customers and manage it to put the most important first.
3. Creating Matrix. This matrix should be in a kind of table with the rows are filled with the proposal sections and the columns are given the criteria requested by the clients. This will help you stick on the track because you can monitor whether or not your sections already addressed what the clients want. This is also a good way to remind you what the main content in each section is.
4. Emphasizing the Benefits. Now that your preparation ended, you can start writing your proposal by emphasizing what benefits you can give to the clients. Your clients will focus on this matter when they read your proposal. If you emphasize them, they can easily spot what they are looking for. This can be done by starting each section in your proposal with the benefits, values or solutions the clients will get from your products or services.
5. Providing Evidence. Even if you have provided the benefits, your clients need more evidence to give you their trust. So, provide your record in providing the same services. You can also include some testimonials or letters of recommendations from your customers to make it more convincing.
6. Using Proper Format. The format of your letter could be the first thing to evaluate before the clients start reading it, so you shouldn’t underestimate it. The best format is the one given by your clients. However, if your proposal is unsolicited, you can use a formal format depending on what kind of proposal you are writing. Find some samples of winning proposals to help you know what format should be used.
7. Making Clear Information. Your proposals should be clear and simple, with each paragraph containing less than 10 lines and each sentence should be short. The font and spacing should be paid to attention too. Include some headings for easy reading so that your clients can easily spot what they want to find. If some parts or sections should be emphasized, you can do it by adding graphics or making the texts more accents with underlining, italicizing or bolding.
Prepare your proposal properly before writing will help you easily manage what should and shouldn’t be included in your proposal. You can keep yourself on track without adding any other irrelevant information.
73 photos of the "Tips for Writing a Successful Business Service Proposal Template"
Related posts of "Tips for Writing a Successful Business Service Proposal Template"