As a marketing consultant, a business proposal is a good tool to increase your profits. With a winning proposal, you can get more clients and your business will run better. So, make it effective and proper to let the clients know that you have the skills and knowledge in helping them. Here are some steps you can do to complete your proposal.
1. Making an Overview. This is a part where you will talk more about the clients to show them that you understand what they need. This is a good way to grab the clients’ attention by convincing them you can help them through your skills for improving their businesses. When you show them, you can help them reach their goals, the objective would be more appealing and this is a nice attention grabber.
2. Offering Ideas. Offer your ideas, but hide the details. Never let them get the full version of your ideas because that might make them use them without hiring you. So make a summary of the ideas just to let them know what you are trying to offer and what you have planned to help them.
3. Proving the Ideas. Since you have stated the summary of your ideas, you should provide the proof that your ideas are valuable. It can be done using research or statistics, anything that is reliable enough as proof. Being creative by offering some thoughts the clients never even have them in mind can be appealing.
4. Listing Objectives. All the planned objectives need to be listed completed when the objectives would be achieved. By setting the timeframe, the clients can expect something from you. This is also a great way to show the clients that you are reliable enough by ensuring you can complete in a certain amount of time you have promised.
5. Measuring the Results. The clients need a certain measurement of the expected results. For example, if you are helping them in increasing their profits or customer, you can state the percentage along with the timeframe. By connecting the measurement and time required to complete it, the clients will have trust in you. It might be hard to end up exactly as has been stated, but at least you should try hard in helping the clients increasing what they need to increase in their business significantly.
6. Establishing Credibility. After focusing on your clients in the previous sections, now you can talk about your business or company. You can simply state your accomplishments, successes and other values that you have. The clients need to know more about who you are and what you have done. Providing values of your work are more than just stating how much you work, but this is more about your skills and how you can properly deliver them in helping your previous clients reaching their goals.
7. Setting Time. You need a certain amount of time to plan and analyze for the clients related to your offered ideas. So, set them to let them know when the project can be started.
8. Providing Options. When you are sending a proposal, you can’t just leave the clients with only one option, which means once they don’t like it, they would leave it. This will just waste your time. You need to provide some options as the alternatives in case one option is not acceptable, they can try looking for the others. This is because sometimes they need more things than you have understood. More than just a consultant with some ideas in mind, you can be an advisor too. It means you would also help them in establishing the plan and get their teams ready for execution. After that, you need to also provide services by training the staff individually just to ensure they are all good enough to do the project. This role can be longer than being an advisor. As an advisor, you need a maximum of six months for doing that role and leave. You can continue being a personal consultant for about nine months or less. If these additional roles are not enough, add one more role as a collaborator, where you will also contribute to the plan as in more detail as you will have to work day today. This is more complex and the length of this role also depends on the type of project. The more complex, the longer you need to collaborate.
9. Stating Terms and Conditions. You have offered your ideas and even other services, so you now can state financial fees and how they should be paid. It includes the amount of upfront cost and discounted prices if any. Any terms related to the expenses should be stated as well. You don’t need to make it long and detail. Keep it minimal is best since you still have to wait for their responses related to any required legal involvement. You can provide more conditions after they lead you by deciding whether or not some legal involvements should be made. You can just send this simple version, or you can have the full version after their legal team informs you related to the involvements.
That is why you need to think about your proposal fully because this is how you grow your business. When the clients can count on you, you can build more credibility.
82 photos of the "Steps in Writing a Marketing Consulting Proposal Template"
Related posts of "Steps in Writing a Marketing Consulting Proposal Template"